The uevo for this magnificent bastard just came out on NA and by no coincidence he is available as a drop in Gold Bowl Dragon. Amberjack is particularly interesting for two reasons: 1) blue is the color of IAP, so any farmable water orb changer is worthy of attention and 2) the recent influx of leader skills with heart-based ATK bonuses on JP makes every heartmaker relevant again. Well, Amberjack fulfills both roles with his dark to water, wood to heart orb change, making him a respectable farmable replacement for Andromeda and Gabriel.
Amberjack fits nicely onto the teams of a number premier water leaders including:
Here are some other reasons to consider him:
- Provides a decent HP boost to newer teams.
- Orb change has the same cooldowns as Andromeda and Gabriel.
- Combining his orb change with Karin’s results in a 2/3 water, 1/3 heart board.
- Combines with Siegfried or BValk to make a 2/3 water board.
- His uevo form is a respectable physical lead for clearing Guan Yinping, Zhang Fei and Gravis.
- His “Amberjack” form is a respectable low cost lead, coming in at 12 cost, but probably not a realistic option for Gaia due to the elemental weakness.
- He’s somewhat painful to skill up (50k EXP, 4 Sapphlits, 1 Blue Evo Mask). It’s costly, but now there’s at least the option of guaranteed uevo skill ups.
- Who doesn’t want to fuck things up with a fucking badass fish on their team?