I decided to take a break from +egg farming. I just can’t go all out over an entire event. The streams were a welcome diversion.
- Verdandi – I’ll address this first: I’m satisfied with it (although not so much with the art). No, it isn’t impressive, but you have to think about it in terms of other survey uevos and GFE uevos in general. The general template is a leader-based uevo which gets one extra awakening and a marginal leader skill boost (LKali, RSonia) or a sub-based one which gets three awakenings only (DKali, ROdin). There are exceptions like DMeta, though. Then you have to account for the fact that survey uevos have been generally underwhelming since their inception. In that context, Verdandi did pretty well. While it would’ve been nice if Verdandi got a second TPA instead of the OE, the skill boost and time extend make her much more useful and comparable to Awoken Meimei. While Meimei’s HP addresses woods HP deficiency and she hits much harder, Verdandi is also much easier to skill up.
- I&I – This is an example of nailing the art, so much so that the shitty awoken uevo is almost an afterthought. Their active is worse than Kanna’s — in many ways I preferred the old one — and their leader skill is worse than RSonia’s. There’s something to be said for an element condition being easier to utilize than a type condition, but still, I’m very disappointed. Although I’ll probably still try to make a team for them since they’re so cute. Maybe tankier teams will make a comeback and their skills won’t look so bad.
- Thor – This ugly piece of shit may as well not exist. I thought we were long past the days of manlet art.
- Japanese 2 – I actually don’t care much for any of these, but here we go:
- I’m glad they decided to do uuevos for U&Y and Kushi as the normal leader-based uevos would’ve been a waste of time. This could possibly be the route they go for the Egypt 2s.
- U&Y – The best overall Japanese 2 god remains the best, especially with the upgrade to their active skill cooldown.
- Kushi – I find it amusing that she now has nine awakenings, but only three are relevant. Okay, I guess OEs are relevant now, bringing the total to five.
- Izanagi – I think it’s telling that Izanagi got a huge upgrade, but is still pretty much worthless. His dark sub-element may be his most coveted feature.
- Shingeki no Kyojin – I want to believe we’re getting this. I could care less about the anime or manga, I just want more machine types for my Batman. Armin’s active skill looks pretty sweet, too.
- Multiplayer – I haven’t looked too much into this, but it sounds neat, at least.
- NA Stuff – Oh yeah there was an NA stream, too. I almost forgot since I slept through most of it (granted, I would’ve slept through the JP stream too if it wasn’t for the new reveals). It does look like we’re going to be getting a lot of cool stuff soon, which is a credit to GungHo. I’m pretty hyped for Susano, but I’m hoping Ares is coming out soon, too.