This was much less painful than Final Fantasy.
I got a bit lazy and didn’t track detailed drop numbers for my farming runs so there’s no stats worth making tables for today. I only farmed Master and Expert, switching from Master to Expert after I had skilled up my School Isis and a single FA Luci (so many levels for him… hopefully only having one skilled up is good enough in the future). Here’s a quick rundown of the stats I did keep track of:
Master (2x Drops):
- My team was Shiva Dragon / Dark Shiva / Yamato / ROdin / Ra / Shiva Dragon. Not the quickest team I could’ve come up with, but it worked fine. The turn order was:
- Floor 1: Yamato -> Shiva Dragon -> Shiva -> Shiva Dragon -> match fire
- Floor 2: Match fire
- Floor 3: Match TPA
- Floor 4: The only slow floor for me. Matching fire, dark and light will clear any Sixth Angel; have to match more for two.
- Floor 5: Ra
- Floor 6: ROdin poison
- Floor 7: Yamato back online, make a row
- Floor 3 (Isis, GOdin) is a guaranteed drop. My distribution was 25 Fourth and 24 Fifth
- Floor 5 (FA Luci) is not a guaranteed drop. I went 44/49 (89.8%). 80% seems to be a number GungHo likes a lot so it’s probably closer to that, but who knows.
- Floor 6 (Eva Tamas) is a guaranteed drop.
- Floor 7 (Unit-13) is not guaranteed. My drop rate was 45/49 (91.8%), so maybe the rate really is closer to 90%?. I got 34 Tenths and 11 Unit-13 Tamas (24.4% split). I’d farm Legend or Mythical if you wanted Unit-13 skill ups, but Master doesn’t appear to be a horrible rate.
Expert (2x Drops):
- A bit different team: Dark Shiva / Yamato / Goemon / ROdin / ROdin / ROdin. Still have to match a floor, sadly.
- Floor 1: Match
- Floor 2: Shiva -> ROdin
- Floors 3-4: ROdin
- Floor 5: Goemon nuke
- Floor 6: Swipe
- Floor 7: Yamato, make a row
- Floor 5 is an extremely low drop rate. I got two drops in about 50 runs.
- Floor 6 is a guaranteed drop.
- Floor 7 is also an extremely low drop rate.
- I didn’t keep track of which Tamas dropped from which difficulty, but since both Master and Expert were 100% drops the overall distribution rate is probably the same.
- Shinji: 27 (27%)
- Misato: 38 (38%)
- Asuka: 35 (35%)
- I got three Ninth invades, two of which were from Expert of all things. There’s really no point in farming him, though. If you really want to skill him up, Cerberuses are easier.
Skill Up Numbers
- Skilling up Misato reminded me a lot of Cloud: everything else has good luck, but the only thing I really wanted to skill up had rather poor luck. 18.42% isn’t all that bad, multiple 0-for-5s always feel bad.
- I actually evoed a few Sixths to finish off my Luci skill ups.
- I guess I’m going to have a Tenth Angel taking up a box spot for no reason.
- Speaking of worthless, this is my third max skill GOdin. It probably wasn’t even worth the gold or time.