Apparently, Game8 approved of the last round of uevos.
Okuninushi finally makes the list; at S no less. A few followers of this blog and I have been beating his drum for a while now, so it’s nice to see him finally getting some credit. Is he worthy of S? Hmm… as much as I like him, that’s not where I’d put him. If I were in charge of the list, only Isis, LKali, DKali, and DIza would be S-tier. Oh, yeah, how could I forget; I’d add Haku to S-tier, too. I’d also lean towards putting Yomi Dragon there, as well.
Now they just need to work on Susano.
BSonia Debuts at A+
I quickly theorycrafted a BSonia team here and it feels good that someone had the same idea and cleared the Arena with it:
There’s no doubt that she’s a good leader. She definitely belongs at A+. I think the team is weak to all the orb changing going on in the Arena and there’s only so much a single Amberjack can do to mitigate it — he also has to pull anti-bind duty, too — but outside heart troll the team has Amaterasu-level healing with over 10k more HP.
Meanwhile, GSonia is quietly weeping in a corner…
What About Sylvie?
Sylvie debuted as a sub at A+, but is nowhere to be seen on the leader list. Maybe Reco isn’t the best example to try to gauge the effectiveness of a leader with, but it certainly looks like the team is Arena-worthy. I don’t know the ins and outs of the team, but even if it isn’t as good as Ryune-I&I or Saria-Thor, it seems like making Sylvie-Freyja at least an A-tier leader pair is a no-brainer. I guess the same thing could be said for Loki and Freyr, though. Just more examples of why playing musical chairs based on “popularity” is a bad idea. At the very least she seems like a better leader than Astaroth, if only for her active skill.
More Musical Chairs at Sub A-Tier
- Belial makes a lot of sense here. I don’t think he’s worthy of A+ yet, but considering that he’s a great Raoh sub he’s well deserving of a slot at A. I really do think his time extend makes him much, much better than Astaroth.
- I’m not as much of a fan of adding the two-color board changers back in. In a vacuum, they deserve to be there on raw power alone, but the real question is: which team actually wants them as subs? They aren’t bad on any team, but they aren’t particularly great, either. Well, Ilm is great on Cloud, but the Sonias haven’t proven to me they’re essential anywhere.
- I’ve been saying GZL should’ve been off the list for months. It’s sad that it took GSonia’s uevo to finally bump him off. Not that either change means much with the way Game8 maintains the A-tier now.
- I’m not going to miss Famiel, but the other Angels don’t deserve their spots, either. At the very least I think Apollo is better than Ariel. He’s actually a good sub on Saria-Thor; Ariel is good where?
- Continuing on Apollo, this is a great example of why the Game8 sub list is infuriating. There are no good leaders for Perseus on their own leader list and the only reason he’s still there is inertia. Not to mention that the Norse and Constellations have made his two SBRs much less of an asset. On the other hand, Apollo is a great sub on Saria-Thor, yet he gets cut. Game8 needs to learn that a sub has no value if there’s no leader for it.
- Urd is the biggest tragedy here. Ryune trumps Skuld on just about every team so I’d rather have seen her fall off, fluffiness or none. Urd is still necessary for Awoken Shiva and is a good full-board option for Shiva Dragon.
Did I miss something? Please leave a comment and let me know!