The Past Week:
Weekly Ra Dragon Arena Clears
- I ran the Arena a few times last week, but it just felt more like a chore than anything. I think it’s time to retire Ra Dragon for Arena 1; any other team will be worse, but there’s not point in running the dungeon if I’m not having fun.
Next Week and Beyond:
- Last week I speculated that we’d probably get Heimdallr, but not only was that wrong, the dungeon not being translated made it even less likely. Well, we’re still in the same situation as last week except there’s no obvious alternative like Volsung. This can really only mean one of two things: they’ll translate Heimdallr Descended and push out the update and dungeon in the same week or they’ll bypass Heimdallr once again and push multiplayer. Heimdallr is obviously much more likely. Well, I guess there’s a third option — no new descended at all — but if that were the case they would’ve just held off on Volsung for a week.
- Awoken Loki seems likely if we indeed do get Heimdallr. The next set of uevos after that are Belial and the Sonias. But what I’m really looking forward to is the batch after that. Not only for Awoken Lucifer, but for the Astaroth buff. I’m actually surprised they released Astaroth here in her pre-buff form. I can confirm firsthand that she won’t be very good until she gets it.
- I’m trying not to get my hopes up too high about Eschamali debuting in the next godfest, but I don’t think I could avoid severe disappointment even if I could suppress it. If the accompanying godfest is good, I’m going to go all out (think several packs). That may leave me with little to no funds left for a possible New Year’s REM, but fuck that I need my Eschamali (or rather that empty, dead-inside feeling of not getting her).
- So once again I’m kinda out of the loop as far as JP news, but I do believe there’s a stream coming at the end of the week. I’m optimistic they’ll reveal the next pantheon(s) to get uevos in addition to the uevo survey winners. My money is still on the Heroes, but really at this point it’s hard to go wrong with any of them (in order of seniority: Heroes, 3K, Indra/Vritra, Indian 2, Sengoku). Hopefully the collab news is a bit more interesting than last time, too, where Crows was the only reveal. Here’s hoping some non-pantheon, non-GFE gold eggs get some love too (Wizards, Gungho pls).