The Past Week:
- Last week’s roundup
- 2 ranks – Without 10x there’s very little reason to play.
- It’s hard to believe I kept up with these posts for an entire year, but they help me sort my thoughts out on the game and prepare for the week to come.
Rolling in this past godfest for Eschamali has given me a lot of perspective in my relationship with the game. I wasn’t very happy rolling her. I only felt relief that I didn’t have to spend more money to get her which is something I’ve felt for most of my REM rolls lately. I was extremely lucky to get her, but I didn’t feel like it.
I think this is a sign to let up on the IAP in the future, at least as far as REMs are concerned. One of the reasons I spent so much money on the game in the past was the rush of the gamble, but now that rolling the REM has lost that I don’t see much point in going at it hard anymore. The shiny things don’t look as shiny anymore. I know, I know, all it’ll take is a cute Pandora in a bikini to get me rolling again, but as long as I have that feeling of dread rather than excitement, I think I’ll be able to limit my rolls. Only time will tell for sure.
I still intend to dump packs into 10x or whatever other silliness GungHo gives us in the future.
Weekly Ra Dragon Arena Clears
- I think this is the end of this section. I’ve found that not recording my performance has made farming the Arena a bit more tolerable. This way I don’t have to worry about trying to be successful as possible.
Next Week and Beyond:
- So the big news for NA this week is the possibility of co-op/multiplayer after Wednesday’s maintenance. I think there’s a pretty good chance we’ll get it. I still stand by my speculation that they tested the rollout last maintenance so barring something catastrophic it should happen this week. I’m also optimistic that we’ll get the New Year’s REM for the Lunar New Year. I may drop a pack on it, but outside some nice art it doesn’t look all that great.
- With Loki out of the way, our uevo schedule is no longer gated by the descended schedule. Next up on the schedule is what people are greatly anticipating: uuevo Archangel Lucifer… oh, wait, wrong Lucifer. Awoken Archdemon Lucifer, along with Amon and Baal, is the week after that. If we do happen to get uuevo Lucifer, that likely means we’ll get the Astaroth buff which will be very nice.
- As far as JP, they already revealed and released the uevo survey winners, LIza, Urd and Pandora. Uuevo Andromeda was also revealed, so they’ll probably finish the Heroes off soon. After the Heroes, the next pantheons in line are: 3K, Indra/Vritra, Indian 2, and Sengoku. I actually expect them to sandbag the uevo schedule so I don’t expect them to start a new pantheon before the Heroes are finished. I’d love to see Awoken DQXQ and uevo Akechi, though.
- Crows Collab is going to end this week (good riddance) so I wonder where PAD is going to go next. Considering there’s been no teasers, it seems unlikely that they’ll roll out a new IP. There was that blurb about Bleach, but I’d fully expect them to go the whole nine yards in pumping up the hype machine for that. That means they’ll probably revisit a filler collab in preparation for a possible Valentine’s Day REM.