The Past Week:
- Last week’s roundup
- 5 ranks – 900 never. I’ve never once grinded purely for rank exp and I don’t intend to change that so I don’t see myself hitting 900 until much later in the year. I’m slowly running out of things to skill up so I see the bulk of my exp coming from +egg farming. Getting to 900 is “easy”, after that… I don’t even want to think about it. Eight digit exp per rank for 931+? To put it in perspective, someone at 939 has about twice as much total exp as I currently have. 970 has about five times as much. Much respect for those approaching 1000.
- The JP stream bombed, once again. No new REM evos was a kick in the nuts. The NA streams might be bad, but they might actually be better than JP’s. At least the NA streams are ironically funny. Michael and Antonio might be horrible at PAD, but I find their streams to be authentic in an awkward yet homey way. The JP streams are just a group of shills trying to peddle their slowly dying product and waste everyone’s time.
Next Week and Beyond:
- With the recent JP stream reveals and not wanting to take the wind out of the FF sails, I’m not expecting any new uevo announcements (Ares and Persephone when?).
- With each passing week, the possibility of getting the 4th anniversary uevos becomes more likely. I was thinking they’d stagger their releases over several weeks, but after not getting anything last week I’m not sure. I’m eagerly awaiting uuevo Pandora and uevo Zuoh.
- NA would garner much goodwill if they included 10x in their next event. Even if the dungeon lineup isn’t optimal, at least the perception that we’re on par with JP would go a long ways. I’m not counting on it, though. Always getting 2.5x skill ups would be nice, too, but once again, I’m not counting on it.
- Over-under on NA getting the FF Collab? Honestly, it’s hard to set a number since it’s uncertain if we’ll get it again ever. The last delay was 189 days. FotNS was about a month. Eva was about three months. Shinrabansho was about five months. Hello Kitty was two weeks. NA actually got Batman a week before JP. There’s not much of a pattern here. Here’s hoping it comes within a month. I’ve gotten over the excitement (and inevitable disappointment) associated with collabs, but anything exciting for the game is good in my eyes.
- Speaking of collabs, I somehow doubt Batman v Superman will be used as an excuse to bring back the DC Collab, but one can hope. The movie releases this weekend in Japan as well, so it seems unlikely as FF runs until 4/3.