|Godfest: Norse & Constellation 1 5/15, Chinese & Constellation 2 5/16|
|Day 1||Day 2|
|Norse||Const. 1||Chinese||Const. 2|
This is a help thread, so please feel free to ask questions about just about anything concerning the godfest or your teams, box and progress in general.
In the past, it seemed like GungHo would up their godfest game whenever a PCGF was around the corner in an attempt to drain us of a few stones before the big event. Not so much this time as the lineups are pretty underwhelming. Maybe they all of a sudden hate money or maybe they’re trying to get out of the way of the FF Collab. Whatever the reason, it’s a shame that we didn’t get a quality godfest for those players whom the PCGF is not great for.
Anyways, here are the rules:
- I will only take box questions that supply a PADherder. It makes it much, much easier for me to give good advice this way (you could say I can’t give good advice without the sorting options). Try PadListener to sync if you’re on Android (if it works for you), otherwise use this method.
- Box/roll questions that don’t supply rank, IAP status and main teams will be ignored. Any other information you want to supply will only help.
- Please check the FAQ after the break before asking a question. Questions that aren’t covered by the FAQ will be prioritized; questions that don’t may be ignored.
- WordPress flags comments with multiple links. I still get the comment, I just have to approve it manually for it to show up on the site. So if your comment doesn’t show up, this might be the case.
- I generally reply on a first come, first serve basis, but if there’s a low hanging fruit I’ll address that first.
- I will post a comment in bold red when I stop taking questions for the day or end the post altogether. Please look for and respect these cutoffs before posting! I’ll allow questions after the day 1 cutoff to queue up for the next day, but no new questions will be taken after the day 2 cutoff.
- No new questions will be taken after the godfest ends. Questions asked in other posts may be ignored; please wait for the next godfest!
- Follow-ups to existing questions will be taken as long as the post is still open for comments.
- I’ll close the post for comments a few hours after the godfest ends.
This is FAQ is a work in progress.
- I’m rank 200 or lower and low- or non-IAP, should I roll for X god? – In general, no. Even if the RNG gods blessed you and you just need that one god to perfect your team, early on you should be focusing on accumulating stones and waiting for a high-value godfest. You want to accumulate value to increase the overall quality of your box so you have more team options in the future; not only is the meta always shifting, but there’s no single team in the game that can clear all content. The Player’s Choice Godfest is generally the best value early on, but normal godfests can be plenty good nowadays depending on the combination. Pantheons that have a wide variety of uses like the Heroes, Chinese and Three Kingdoms are great. Minimizing dupe chances should also be a high priority. Also, don’t underestimate the effect the current gala can have on your rolls and be sure to factor in the GFEs that are omitted or have reduced chance (i.e. you want to maximize your chances to roll DKali).
- Which MP Dragon should I buy? – This image isn’t perfect, but sums it up nicely. Credit for the image goes to fether from the subreddit. If there’s ever an updated version, please point me toward it.
- Why is X monster rated higher than Y monster? – The monster ratings aren’t there to be an accurate, authoritative resource on a card’s power, but are more used as a ballpark estimate to give a relative idea of how useful a given card or pantheon is which is used to help evaluate godfests.
- Why is the overall rating not an average of the lead and sub ratings? – Long story short, when grades are given using the normal distribution, cards that are both good as leaders and subs get a boost while ones that are bad as both get penalized. This is because most cards in the game are usually only good at one role, not both.
|Day 1, 5/15
|Idunn & Idunna||A-||B+||B+|
What a strange day. From the ratings, one would think it’s a pretty good day. It’s not bad, but everything feels so low impact, especially as I&I and Thor teams start to fall out of favor. As subs, the Norse are in a precarious situation as JP begins to shift toward burst teams that don’t need a damage enhancer (or like You Yu and Xiu Min, come preloaded with their own). For teams that still need it, the Gemstone Princesses combined with skill inheritance are usually better options. The Constellation 1s are solid, if unexciting, and got better now that skill up fodder is available on NA.
|Day 2, 5/16|
It’s somewhat interesting that the game has progressed to a point where the Chinese aren’t as amazing as they traditionally have been. Some of it is power creep, but a lot of it is due to the increasing number of quality board changers in the game; ones that generate hearts in particular. The Constellation 2 pantheon is as unimpressive as it’s always been.