|Godfest: Three Kingdoms & Egypt 2 6/30, Sengoku & Norse 7/1|
|Day 1||Day 2|
|Three Kingdoms||Egypt 2||Sengoku||Norse|
This is a help thread, so please feel free to ask questions on just about anything concerning the godfest or your teams, box and progress in general.
This thread has become increasingly difficult to manage. I’ve thought it over, but I think the current system is the best considering I can’t modify any of the software on this site, the base WordPress comments offers no sort of moderator support and I want to allow anonymous comments for as long as possible. An external tool is not appealing, either. So the only thing that will change going forward is that rule breakers will have their comments removed, without warning. If it turns out too many people are breaking the rules, I’ll reevaluate how to manage this thread in the future, but for the most part people have been great so I don’t anticipate that.
Anyways, here are the rules. Please read the rules before posting, especially if this is your first time:
- I will only take box questions that supply a PADherder. It makes it much, much easier for me to give good advice this way (you could say I can’t give good advice without the sorting options). Try PadListener to sync if you’re on Android (if it works for you), otherwise use this method.
- Box/roll questions that don’t supply rank, IAP status and main teams will be ignored. Any other information you want to supply will only help.
- Please check the FAQ after the break before asking a question. Questions that aren’t covered by the FAQ will be prioritized; questions that don’t may be ignored.
- WordPress flags comments with multiple links. I still get the comment, I just have to approve it manually for it to show up on the site. So if your comment doesn’t show up, this might be the case. Ideally, only post a single link to your PADherder.
- I generally reply on a first come, first serve basis, but if there’s a low hanging fruit I’ll address that first.
- I will post a comment in bold red when I stop taking questions for the day or end the post altogether. Please look for and respect these cutoffs before posting! I’ll allow questions after the day 1 cutoff to queue up for the next day, but no new questions will be taken after the day 2 cutoff.
- No new questions will be taken after the godfest ends. Questions asked in other posts may be ignored; please wait for the next godfest!
- Follow-ups to existing questions will be taken as long as the post is still open for comments.
- I’ll close the post for comments a few hours after the godfest ends.
- Any comments breaking the rules will be removed without warning.
This is FAQ is a work in progress.
- I’m rank 200 or lower and low- or non-IAP, should I roll for X god? – In general, no. Even if the RNG gods blessed you and you just need that one god to perfect your team, early on you should be focusing on accumulating stones and waiting for a high-value godfest. You want to accumulate value to increase the overall quality of your box so you have more team options in the future; not only is the meta always shifting, but there’s no single team in the game that can clear all content. The Player’s Choice Godfest is generally the best value early on, but normal godfests can be plenty good nowadays depending on the combination. Pantheons that have a wide variety of uses like the Heroes, Chinese and Three Kingdoms are great. Minimizing dupe chances should also be a high priority. Also, don’t underestimate the effect the current gala can have on your rolls and be sure to factor in the GFEs that are omitted or have reduced chance (i.e. you want to maximize your chances to roll DKali).
- Which MP Dragon should I buy? – This image isn’t perfect, but sums it up nicely. Credit for the image goes to fether from the subreddit. If there’s ever an updated version, please point me toward it.
- Why is X monster rated higher than Y monster? – The monster ratings aren’t there to be an accurate, authoritative resource on a card’s power, but are more used as a ballpark estimate to give a relative idea of how useful a given card or pantheon is which is used to help evaluate godfests.
- Why is the overall rating not an average of the lead and sub ratings? – Long story short, when grades are given using the normal distribution, cards that are both good as leaders and subs get a boost while ones that are bad as both get penalized. This is because most cards in the game are usually only good at one role, not both.
|Day 1, 6/30
It feels like everyone has him already, but Liu Bei is certainly the star of the entire godfest. Outside of those that refuse to do co-op, he should be a high priority to acquire as he enables access to an easy to assemble, endgame farming team. It’d also be nice to get Awoken Cao Cao sometime this century.
Egypt 2 is one of the worst overall pantheons in the game and are badly in need of buffs. They’re mostly fine as subs, but are horrible as leaders. I’ve been using Nephthys as my main leader on my JP alt. It went really well for a long time, but now that I’m getting into the late-game, how bad she is has become painfully obvious. I’d like to think their leader skills get huge upgrades with their eventually uuevos, but when has a uuevo ever been a relevant endgame lead?
I guess another thing to note about day 1 is that this is the only day Kaede and Sumire are at 3x. It’s also a light gala which is relevant with the farmables MZeus and Miru basically defining the endgame.
|Day 2, 7/1|
|Idunn & Idunna||A-||B+||B+|
For a long time, the Sengoku were powerful enough to be considered elite subs even though they didn’t have a uevo yet. Now, outside a few niche uses, they’re basically reduced to being skill inheritance assist skills; extremely good ones, to be sure, but it’s very hard to justify starting them at this point in time. I’m still optimistic that they’ll get uevos this year; sooner rather than later.
The Norse have always been a solid pantheon since their awokens and got situationally better with the upgrades to their split uevos. They’ve lost some prestige as leaders, especially since their tankiness has been surpassed by the heart-crossers, but they should remain useful cards for a long time to come.
The gala for this day hasn’t been announced yet, but I’m hearing whispers that it will be dark. Which would make sense looking at the gala history, but I wouldn’t plan around it until an official announcement, as always (edit: confirmed dark gala for day 2).