Co-op makes everything easier, but we might as well take advantage of it to the fullest extent and find the most time efficient, lowest effort team available. Sadly, even with co-op, team building for this dungeon is still fairly restrictive — mainly due to the all-attributes requirement and the bind on floor 4 — but at the very least we can reduce it to no-matching unlike the single player team.
Also, a bit of shameless advertising: if you’re interested in doing hour or longer Kanetsugu sessions tomorrow (or in the future), let me know. If you have both sides and can share the load, even better. Or if you have a better team setup, even even better.
Kanetsugu aside, if you plan on doing hardcore +egg farming now or in the future, add me on Discord (setsugetsuka#3699) and let’s see if we can work something out.
As with my Tengu post, my main constraints when coming up with teams were:
- As much as possible, allow sequential left to right or right to left button pushing
- Prefer skill inheritance combinations that will either see very little or very much use outside this team
- Minimize the number of elements to save on attack animations
- No latents required
- Minimize the number of times players exchange turns (new, for co-op)
Sadly, all of these requirements are difficult or impossible to meet. Instead, let’s look the constraints of the dungeon and build around that, instead:
- All attributes – Mainly an annoyance. Between ROdin and Goemon, you already have three elements. Wood can be covered by a Tengu. That leaves water which is annoying, but not impossible as something like DMeta can be used as a skill boost and SI stick.
- Random sub bind on floor 4 – This might actually be the most important requirement of the entire dungeon. There are various ways a bind can screw you over. The most obvious being a skill you wanted to use on a later floor is no longer available, but if you were relying on swipe damage and one of your damage dealers got bound, you might not be able to deal enough. This means cards like ROdin and DMeta who are unbindable, but also contribute skill boosts are that much more valuable.
- High defense on floors 4 and 5 – Sadly, these floors can’t be dealt with a single Ra active as the high defense mobs are paired with ones with over 350k HP. The most common way to deal with these floors is using nukes in conjunction with a single defense break. A single turn defense void like Shiva will carry over between floors since floor 5 (and also floor 6) has no preemptive. The most popular way to deal with these two floors seems to be: defense void -> kill floor 4 with Goemon nuke -> kill floor 5 with Grudge Strike -> swipe floor 6.
- If using Grudge Strike for floor 5, the base card needs 2448 or higher ATK – This requirement will die once we get Awoken Vritra, but for now this is what we have to deal with.
- Relatively high boss HP – Most +egg button teams didn’t really have to worry about boss HP. Goemon only has like 3.5mil while Tengu is wood. Kanetsugu is 4.5mil; not exactly high, but you do have to make sure you’re doing enough, especially if you’re relying on off-color subs to fulfill the various requirements.
Long story short, here’s how I’m making my team:
- Without Santa Fencer, we really don’t have an elegant way of dealing with floors 4 and 5. Instead, I’ll be hacking together a solution via SI; probably Shiva on DMeta.
- For my Grudge Strike, I’ll be putting Vritra on
Beelzebub (ah, yes, I get to use Beelzebub again :^). JP seems to prefer DMeta, but you have to put some ATK latents on her to hit 2448 ATK which is something I’d rather avoid (farming latents sucks).
- I don’t think it’s possible to have fully sequential button pushing. It seems like Goemon needs to be a leader, so he’ll unfortunately be pushed out of order. There might be some way to lead with DMeta to put the Grudge Strike on one of the leaders to make the dream a reality, but I currently don’t have time to crunch numbers. It’d also put a lot more stress on player 2’s team. Maybe I’ll look into it a bit later.
- I also want to minimize the sub requirements for player 2. Player 1 will be clearing floors 1-6 and the team generally having enough skill boosts by itself, all player 2 should need is a Goemon or ROdin lead, another fire board change, enough fire subs to kill Kanetsugu, and, of course, subs to cover all elements. All things considered, this is a pretty low bar to clear.
Here are the teams I’m looking to run. I’m assuming I’m player 1 so everything there can be assumed to be hypermax.
Player 1 (provides 13-16 skill boosts)
- ROdin/Tengu – Tengu usually inherited with Awoken Ra
- DMeta (Uevo Shiva) – Things like Kuromi and Kenshiro also work, but require more skill boosts. 75% defense breaks should also technically work. If you have enough skill boosts, you can use any bind immune card here.
BeelzebubDMeta (Uevo Vritra) – I feel like this could be something like Zeromus instead. Can’t be Beelzebub since he’s only 50% bind immune, not 100%.
Player 2 (needs to provide anywhere from 0 to 3 skill boosts)
- Goemon or Surtr
- Something water and wood
- Something fire-main with a lot of rows
- Something fire-main with a lot of rows
Player 2 could also run a sub or two to enable to team to recover in case player 1 screws up the button order. Dragon and attacker killers are also nice; get some use out of that Xiang Mei!
Then, of course, here is the JP video that most closely resembles my build:
You can look up other teams with this YouTube search.