|Godfest: Japanese 1 & Indian 2 7/16, Egypt 1 & Archdemons 7/17|
|Day 1||Day 2|
|Japanese 1||Indian 2||Egypt 1||Archdemons|
This is a help thread, so please feel free to ask questions on just about anything concerning the godfest or your teams, box and progress in general.
Please read the rules before posting, especially if this is your first time:
- I will only take box questions that supply a PADherder. It makes it much, much easier for me to give good advice this way (you could say I can’t give good advice without the sorting options). Try PadListener to sync if you’re on Android (if it works for you), otherwise use this method.
- Box/roll questions that don’t supply rank, IAP status and main teams will be ignored. Any other information you want to supply will only help.
- Please check the FAQ after the break before asking a question. Questions that aren’t covered by the FAQ will be prioritized; questions that don’t may be ignored.
- WordPress flags comments with multiple links. I still get the comment, I just have to approve it manually for it to show up on the site. So if your comment doesn’t show up, this might be the case. Ideally, only post a single link to your PADherder.
- I generally reply on a first come, first serve basis, but if there’s a low hanging fruit I’ll address that first.
- I will post a comment in bold red when I stop taking questions for the day or end the post altogether. Please look for and respect these cutoffs before posting! I’ll allow questions after the day 1 cutoff to queue up for the next day, but no new questions will be taken after the day 2 cutoff.
- No new questions will be taken after the godfest ends. Questions asked in other posts may be ignored; please wait for the next godfest!
- Follow-ups to existing questions will be taken as long as the post is still open for comments.
- I’ll close the post for comments a few hours after the godfest ends.
- Any comments breaking the rules will be removed without warning.
This is FAQ is a work in progress.
- I’m rank 200 or lower and low- or non-IAP, should I roll for X god? – In general, no. Even if the RNG gods blessed you and you just need that one god to perfect your team, early on you should be focusing on accumulating stones and waiting for a high-value godfest. You want to accumulate value to increase the overall quality of your box so you have more team options in the future; not only is the meta always shifting, but there’s no single team in the game that can clear all content. The Player’s Choice Godfest is generally the best value early on, but normal godfests can be plenty good nowadays depending on the combination. Pantheons that have a wide variety of uses like the Heroes, Chinese and Three Kingdoms are great. Minimizing dupe chances should also be a high priority. Also, don’t underestimate the effect the current gala can have on your rolls and be sure to factor in the GFEs that are omitted or have reduced chance (i.e. you want to maximize your chances to roll DKali).
- Which MP Dragon should I buy? – This image isn’t perfect, but sums it up nicely. Credit for the image goes to fether from the subreddit. If there’s ever an updated version, please point me toward it.
- Why is X monster rated higher than Y monster? – The monster ratings aren’t there to be an accurate, authoritative resource on a card’s power, but are more used as a ballpark estimate to give a relative idea of how useful a given card or pantheon is which is used to help evaluate godfests.
- Why is the overall rating not an average of the lead and sub ratings? – Long story short, when grades are given using the normal distribution, cards that are both good as leaders and subs get a boost while ones that are bad as both get penalized. This is because most cards in the game are usually only good at one role, not both.
|Day 1, 7/16
Orochi and maybe Susano are really the only Japanese 1 worth anything anymore. The rest are still useful, but not worth targeting specifically. To further deter rolling for them, they’re paired with Indian 2 who are possibly the worst pantheon in the game. There is hope for them, though. Sarasvati got a very nice uuevo which made her a great leader and surprisingly good sub. While it’s reasonable to believe the rest of the pantheon would get uuevos on a similar level, it’s hard to recommend rolling for them just on that assumption; there will be opportunities in to roll for them in the future when we know for sure what they got.
|Day 2, 7/17|
Egypt 1 will always be solid leaders, but outside Isis — and maybe Ra for his true damage — none of them are highly sought after.
Baal is possibly the best overall card in this godfest being an MZeus staple; only Orochi comes close in overall usefulness. Is it worth rolling specifically for him, though? Probably not, but if you’re looking to improve your MZeus team it’s worth considering a few rolls.
So, with the new GFEs and the beginning of the Legendary Hero gala exclusives, does that provide any incentive to roll? Probably not. Neither day is that great. Sherias roots and the other GFEs should be featured in the next few godfests on both days and it’s not like Napoleon is all that great even after the buffs.