This is a general help thread, so please feel free to ask questions on just about anything. Questions don’t have to be limited to the godfest and can include topics such as your teams, box and progress in general.
The main question seems to be “is this godfest actually good?” followed by “should I wait for the GFE-only REM?”. As with most things in PAD, there’s no single answer for everyone nor will we ever know exact pull rates (there’s data out there, but who knows if GungHo manipulates the rates from event to event), but “5x” might not be as good as it sounds. There are fewer GFEs in the machine since non-featured ones are omitted completely, but a standard godfest has the featured GFEs at 3x rates meaning you’re getting maybe a 2x better chance of getting a GFE. To put it another way, you’re basically trading the boosted rates for whatever the featured pantheons would be for more GFEs instead. Whether that’s good for you or not depends on your situation, but don’t just let that fancy 5x label make you think the overall rates of relevant rolls somehow got amazingly better.
The way I see it, since this will probably be the highest rates we get per GFE for quite a while, it will be worth it for a veteran to roll if their box is well stocked and all they need is that specific set of GFEs; 6-stars in particular. I’d imagine Kaede would be high on the list for many. Carat and Barbarossa from the water gala might also be tempting prizes (although one can only hope we get a Director’s Carnival at some point). For others, you’ll have to weigh how much these GFEs really mean to you and your box.
As for the GFE-only REM, there’s no guarantee that NA will ever get it. So one can only guess whether it’s worth waiting for it or not. It’s been two months since JP got it so unless it’s severely delayed like something like the 10x MP event was, things don’t look good. I’m also not sure how new GFEs being released will affect the chances of us getting it (Gremory and Ronove should hit NA in about a month). There’s also the question of how good this machine is anyways; I suggest you do some research on that, too, as it may also not be as good for you as you might think. Regarding this machine, your guess is as good as mine.
Please read the rules before posting, especially if this is your first time:
- I will only take box questions that supply a PADherder. It makes it much, much easier for me to give good advice this way (you could say I can’t give good advice without the sorting options). Try PadListener to sync if you’re on Android (if it works for you), otherwise use this method.
- Box/roll questions that don’t supply rank, IAP status and main teams will be ignored. Any other information you want to supply will only help.
- Please check the FAQ after the break before asking a question. Questions that aren’t covered by the FAQ will be prioritized; questions that don’t may be ignored.
- WordPress flags comments with multiple links. I still get the comment, I just have to approve it manually for it to show up on the site. So if your comment doesn’t show up, this might be the case. Ideally, only post a single link to your PADherder.
- I generally reply on a first come, first serve basis, but if there’s a low hanging fruit I’ll address that first.
- I will post a comment in bold red when I stop taking questions for the day or end the post altogether. Please look for and respect these cutoffs before posting! I’ll allow questions after the day 1 cutoff to queue up for the next day, but no new questions will be taken after the day 2 cutoff.
- No new questions will be taken after the godfest ends. Questions asked in other posts may be ignored; please wait for the next godfest!
- Follow-ups to existing questions will be taken as long as the post is still open for comments.
- I’ll close the post for comments a few hours after the godfest ends.
- Any comments breaking the rules will be removed without warning.
This is FAQ is a work in progress.
- I’m rank 200 or lower and low- or non-IAP, should I roll for X god? – In general, no. Even if the RNG gods blessed you and you just need that one god to perfect your team, early on you should be focusing on accumulating stones and waiting for a high-value godfest. You want to accumulate value to increase the overall quality of your box so you have more team options in the future; not only is the meta always shifting, but there’s no single team in the game that can clear all content. The Player’s Choice Godfest is generally the best value early on, but normal godfests can be plenty good nowadays depending on the combination. Pantheons that have a wide variety of uses like the Heroes, Chinese and Three Kingdoms are great. Minimizing dupe chances should also be a high priority. Also, don’t underestimate the effect the current gala can have on your rolls and be sure to factor in the GFEs that are omitted or have reduced chance (i.e. you want to maximize your chances to roll DKali).
- Which MP Dragon should I buy? – This image isn’t perfect, but sums it up nicely. Credit for the image goes to fether from the subreddit. If there’s ever an updated version, please point me toward it.
- Why is X monster rated higher than Y monster? – The monster ratings aren’t there to be an accurate, authoritative resource on a card’s power, but are more used as a ballpark estimate to give a relative idea of how useful a given card or pantheon is which is used to help evaluate godfests.
- Why is the overall rating not an average of the lead and sub ratings? – Long story short, when grades are given using the normal distribution, cards that are both good as leaders and subs get a boost while ones that are bad as both get penalized. This is because most cards in the game are usually only good at one role, not both.