|Godfest: Indian 1 8/13, Three Kingdoms 8/14|
|Day 1||Day 2|
|Indian 1||Three Kingdoms|
This is a general help thread, so please feel free to ask questions on just about anything. Questions don’t have to be limited to the godfest and can include topics such as your teams, box and progress in general.
This godfest features only a single pantheon each day, but has GFEs at 4x rates (non-featured GFEs at 1x). It also introduces Ronove and Gremory. There is a wood gala active both days that introduces Robin Hood. Day 1 has Odins, Metatrons, Dragonbounds, Ilm, and Zuoh at 1x. Day 2 has Kalis, JP Dragoncallers, Norns, and Fenrirs at 1x.
Please read the rules before posting, especially if this is your first time:
- I will only take box questions that supply a PADherder. It makes it much, much easier for me to give good advice this way (you could say I can’t give good advice without the sorting options). Try PadListener to sync if you’re on Android (if it works for you), otherwise use this method.
- Box/roll questions that don’t supply rank, IAP status and main teams will be ignored. Any other information you want to supply will only help.
- Please check the FAQ after the break before asking a question. Questions that aren’t covered by the FAQ will be prioritized; questions that don’t may be ignored.
- WordPress flags comments with multiple links. I still get the comment, I just have to approve it manually for it to show up on the site. So if your comment doesn’t show up, this might be the case. Ideally, only post a single link to your PADherder.
- I generally reply on a first come, first serve basis, but if there’s a low hanging fruit I’ll address that first.
- I will post thread status as bold red comments. Make sure you read these comments before posting to make sure you aren’t violating the rules. I’m no longer segregating comments by day, instead I’ll indicate how many questions I be able to take for a given thread in the first status comment, then stop taking new ones after that.
- No new questions will be taken after the godfest ends. Questions asked in other posts may be ignored; please wait for the next godfest!
- Follow-ups to existing questions will be taken as long as the post is still open for comments.
- I’ll close the post for comments a few hours after the godfest ends.
- Any comments breaking the rules will be removed without warning.
This is FAQ is a work in progress.
- I’m rank 200 or lower and low- or non-IAP, should I roll for X god? – In general, no. Even if the RNG gods blessed you and you just need that one god to perfect your team, early on you should be focusing on accumulating stones and waiting for a high-value godfest. You want to accumulate value to increase the overall quality of your box so you have more team options in the future; not only is the meta always shifting, but there’s no single team in the game that can clear all content. The Player’s Choice Godfest is generally the best value early on, but normal godfests can be plenty good nowadays depending on the combination. Pantheons that have a wide variety of uses like the Heroes, Chinese and Three Kingdoms are great. Minimizing dupe chances should also be a high priority. Also, don’t underestimate the effect the current gala can have on your rolls and be sure to factor in the GFEs that are omitted or have reduced chance (i.e. you want to maximize your chances to roll DKali).
- Which MP Dragon should I buy? – This image isn’t perfect, but sums it up nicely. Credit for the image goes to fether from the subreddit. If there’s ever an updated version, please point me toward it.
- Why is X monster rated higher than Y monster? – The monster ratings aren’t there to be an accurate, authoritative resource on a card’s power, but are more used as a ballpark estimate to give a relative idea of how useful a given card or pantheon is which is used to help evaluate godfests.
- Why is the overall rating not an average of the lead and sub ratings? – Long story short, when grades are given using the normal distribution, cards that are both good as leaders and subs get a boost while ones that are bad as both get penalized. This is because most cards in the game are usually only good at one role, not both.
|Day 1, 8/13
My initial reaction was “oh god, anything but Indian 1,” but as it turns out the pantheon is actually still quite solid. Buffs to Shiva, Lakshmi and Parvati have helped keep them relevant. In particular, Lakshmi is still one of the best leaders in the game and Parvati has upped her sub relevancy with the heart-cross meta and the ability to enhance wood orbs. The recent awoken uevos for Indra and Vritra also help. Vritra in particular will be key for button teams with this nuke being raised from 150x to 200x. It’s hard to get excited for this pantheon, mainly out of habit, but it’s hard to deny that they’re good.
|Day 2, 8/14|
The Three Kingdoms pantheon was one of the top pantheons for a long time. It started to lag behind a few months ago, but has been revitalized with the new wave of uevos. Liu Bei in particular is one of the most coveted pantheon rolls due to his prowess in co-op farming. All of DQXQ’s forms are useful, but her awoken form is a great leader as well as a sub for Myr teams. Cao Cao’s been living in Liu Bei’s shadow, but is still a great leader in his own right and his non-awoken forms are still superior subs. Then there’s Sun Quan and Lu Bu.
Day 2 lines up perfectly for those looking to start a Liu Bei. While the wood gala doesn’t improve rates for Liu Bei himself, it does mean you’ll have a chance to roll some of his supporting subs while going for him.