|Godfest: Japanese 2 & Indian 2 8/31, Egypt 1 & Constellation 9/1, Greco-Roman & Angels 9/2|
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
|Japan 2||India 2||Egypt 1||Const 1||Greek 1||Angels|
This is a help thread, so please feel free to ask questions on just about anything concerning the godfest or your teams, box and progress in general.
Despite GFEs being at 4x rates, this godfest is all-around pretty bad which is only compounded by JP Dragoncallers only being featured on day 2.
Please read the rules before posting, especially if this is your first time:
- I will only take box questions that supply a PADherder. It makes it much, much easier for me to give good advice this way (you could say I can’t give good advice without the sorting options). Try PadListener to sync if you’re on Android (if it works for you), otherwise use this method.
- Box/roll questions that don’t supply rank, IAP status and main teams will be ignored. Any other information you want to supply will only help.
- Please check the FAQ after the break before asking a question. Questions that aren’t covered by the FAQ will be prioritized; questions that don’t may be ignored.
- WordPress flags comments with multiple links. I still get the comment, I just have to approve it manually for it to show up on the site. So if your comment doesn’t show up, this might be the case. Ideally, only post a single link to your PADherder.
- I generally reply on a first come, first serve basis, but if there’s a low hanging fruit I’ll address that first.
- I will post thread status as bold red comments. Make sure you read these comments before posting to make sure you aren’t violating the rules. I’m no longer segregating comments by day, instead I’ll indicate how many questions I be able to take for a given thread in the first status comment, then stop taking new ones after that.
- No new questions will be taken after the godfest ends. Questions asked in other posts may be ignored; please wait for the next godfest!
- Follow-ups to existing questions will be taken as long as the post is still open for comments.
- I’ll close the post for comments a few hours after the godfest ends.
- Any comments breaking the rules will be removed without warning.
This is FAQ is a work in progress.
- I’m rank 200 or lower and low- or non-IAP, should I roll for X god? – In general, no. Even if the RNG gods blessed you and you just need that one god to perfect your team, early on you should be focusing on accumulating stones and waiting for a high-value godfest. You want to accumulate value to increase the overall quality of your box so you have more team options in the future; not only is the meta always shifting, but there’s no single team in the game that can clear all content. The Player’s Choice Godfest is generally the best value early on, but normal godfests can be plenty good nowadays depending on the combination. Pantheons that have a wide variety of uses like the Heroes, Chinese and Three Kingdoms are great. Minimizing dupe chances should also be a high priority. Also, don’t underestimate the effect the current gala can have on your rolls and be sure to factor in the GFEs that are omitted or have reduced chance (i.e. you want to maximize your chances to roll DKali).
- Which MP Dragon should I buy? – This image isn’t perfect, but sums it up nicely. Credit for the image goes to fether from the subreddit. If there’s ever an updated version, please point me toward it.
- Why is X monster rated higher than Y monster? – The monster ratings aren’t there to be an accurate, authoritative resource on a card’s power, but are more used as a ballpark estimate to give a relative idea of how useful a given card or pantheon is which is used to help evaluate godfests.
- Why is the overall rating not an average of the lead and sub ratings? – Long story short, when grades are given using the normal distribution, cards that are both good as leaders and subs get a boost while ones that are bad as both get penalized. This is because most cards in the game are usually only good at one role, not both.
|Day 1, 8/31
|Ame no Uzume||B||C+||B-|
|Umisachi & Yamasachi||B+||B||B+|
The quality of the Japanese 2 awoken uevos varied widely, but are overall solid. Sadly, solid doesn’t really cut it these days so outside Izanagi, the pantheon won’t be competitive in today’s endgame. Uzume in particular is embarrassing for an awoken. Note that since Kushinadahime hasn’t been released on JP yet, I haven’t updated her ratings.
The Indian 2 uuevos so far have been a pleasant surprise, mainly because not much is expected from uuevos as leaders. Sarasvati and Durga are very respectable leads and I fully expect Krishna and Vishnu to follow suit. I’m particularly interested in Krishna as some new awakenings will propel him into “decent sub” status instead of basically useless, much like what already happened with Sarasvati. Vishnu is still relevant in his current form; I don’t expect much more from him as a sub, but it should be interesting to see what they do with his leader skill. With him getting a rank EXP buff added to his leader skill, Ganesha is no longer totally useless. Durga is also a pretty solid lead; before the heart-cross power leap, 1/56.25/2.25 would’ve been quite good and she’ll still be able to take most players very far.
JP Dragoncallers, Kalis, Ilm and Zuoh are at 1x rates. The JP Callers being at 1x makes this day even less exciting.
Overall, this is a fairly poor godfest day. While all the featured gods have become much more desirable due to recent buffs — or ones expected to come soon — the fact remains that they’re over shadowed by very similar, but better cards. Such as Sarasvati with You Yu and Izanagi with Myr. Ganesha (who hasn’t been released on JP yet) is the most unique effect of the bunch, but is probably the least appealing to most players.
|Day 2, 9/1|
Egypt 1 will always be solid leaders, but outside Isis — and maybe Ra for his true damage — none of them are highly sought after. Their value increases if we get the PAD Cross collabs, Horus becoming a better sub and Bastet becoming a better lead.
The Constellation 1 cards are in an awkward position, being heartbreakers in a heart meta. While this prevents them from being great subs on most of the best endgame teams, their great selection of awakenings paired with a hasty orb change has them well positioned should new, non-heart-based leads should push the meta (see Kinnikuman for what could possibly be the new wave of leader skills).
Metatrons, Dragonbounds and Sonias are at 1x rates, meaning most of the good GFEs are in the 4x pool. This is the only day with JP Callers at 4x rates, which is nice because this was the best day anyways.
|Day 3, 9/2|
Wow, this godfest might as well just be two days like normal. There’s little hope for the Greco-Romans until GungHo demonstrates a new path for pantheon progression. They’ve gotten small upgrades here and there, but nothing outside an overhaul will make them relevant. Ceres will see new life with her PAD Cross uevo and Venus, who’s always been the best of the bunch, remains a solid skill inheritance base.
The Angels aren’t nearly as bad, but that’s not going to get anyone excited enough to roll for them. Rozuel has found a nice niche on Ronove teams and so has Ariel on TPA-based Myr teams, but the rest will remain poor until their inevitable uuevos. Considering they got their uevos at the beginning of the year, I wouldn’t necessarily expect that to occur until next year.
JP Dragoncallers, Fenrir and Odins are at 1x rates. The JP Callers being at 1x is only rubbing salt in the wound.