Account background: I’m playing this account for my friend. It is non-IAP outside the various special deals. The purpose of this account is to see how far I can take it being non-IAP, but I eventually envision spending money on it in order to co-op farm with my main. The initial box review can be found here; the entire series here.
I’ve been sick for the past few days, so I apologize for any drop in quality that might ensue.
After hitting 300k MP again, I redirected my stamina towards stone and skill up farming. To help expedite the processes, I decided to finally start farming SUDR which means I finally bit the bullet and uninherited Ra from Liu Bei. Through SUDR, I was able to rank up quickly, meaning I could use the “free” stamina to farm said skill ups and stones. I was also able to max skill an Ilsix, something I wanted for my Summer Myr team, but probably won’t end up using in the long run. Overall, I think I’m done with SUDR as farming rogues are just so much more rewarding; the exception being if I wanted to push rank with my main, but if I wanted that I’d either find an actual partner or I’d wait for Ganesha to hit NA.
With so much value at silver, I decided to give this REM a couple rolls. Just like the Summer REM, I was hoping for silvers and not gold.
So, somehow I managed to scrounge up about 40 stones since the last update. Even I’m a little surprised at that amount, but considering that this account had almost none of the coin dungeons completed nor any of the rogues/rushes that are on regular rotation, then add in the normal event rewards and this isn’t too surprising. I don’t expect to ever repeat this, though. There are plenty of Challenge Mode stones still available, but that’s not really something I look forward to doing.
Changing Gears to Cao Cao
Once Liu Bei was done with, the plan was to move on to MHera to get an Arena farming team up and running. However, with my fire box looking much more appealing as of late and my dark box not improving in a long time, I’m more inclined to invest in Cao Cao. The Kenshin Collab has been particularly good with my Misao roll and Shishio being available as a farmable. With other other good fire subs like Laila, Scarlet and Christmas RSonia, I think there’s some decent potential here.
So, why Cao Cao? Isn’t he just worse than Liu Bei for farming and Summer Myr for solo? For the most part, sure, but Cao Cao does cover ground that they do not. In terms of Liu Bei, Cao Cao has the advantage of coming with SBRs and delays to handle tricks like perseverance. The major disadvantages being less skill boosts and not having access to a Dios-level sub. Cao Cao will never be as good as Myr in the endgame, but he can certainly be more effective for farming something like Arena 1.
My Cao Cao team certainly has a long ways to go before it can reach usable levels as fire is easily the most neglected color in this box (but so was water and that turned out pretty well). However, diversifying is a good enough reason in itself to venture in this direction. Godfests rarely give you exactly what you want so in the case I pick up something spicy — Yamato or Sanada would be nice… — it’s good to be prepared.
Anyways here’s how I see my fire box (note that I’m omitting Goemon and Surtr because “obvious”):
So, yeah. There’s tons of work to be done and I’ll likely need to land another impact sub or two before this team really sees use, but I do think there’s a lot of potential.
My team is exactly the one from this video except I’m using Summer GSonia instead of Christmas RSonia as the board change as I’m trying to conserve tans and water and wood ones are much less valuable than fire. The downside is that Beyzul’s water skyfall leads to more unwanted skyfall combos due to GSonia making water, but it’s something I’m willing to live with. Here’s the floor-by-floor with some notes (P1 in black, P2 in red):
- Clean Liu Bei, kill – I haven’t run into a situation where I don’t have enough orbs here, but I’d assume it will present itself sooner or later. In that case you have enough HP to take a few hits from the High Dragons so take that opportunity to clear fire, water and light orbs, then finish off the floor before the Heavy Metal is ready. You’ll likely have to heal on F3 in order to have enough HP for F6 and F7.
- Dios + Freyja, kill
- Single match to pass (necessary to stall for Zeus & Hera) => GSonia, kill – The decisive floor as your GSonia board can make or break your run. If you don’t get enough wood orbs (9 or more or think, maybe you can do 8?) it might just be a better idea to save them and clear as many of the off-color orbs as possible. Hopefully skyfall is kind and you get enough wood orbs, then you can then use Jize to activate Liu Bei’s leader skill for the kill; Jize should be back up in time for F8.
- Dios, kill
- Dios + Vaan, kill – Using this board.
- Dios, kill – Another floor that can go wrong. In this case, if you don’t have your team equiped with ATK latents and don’t get enough enhanced orbs and/or skyfalls, you won’t do enough damage to kill. This is extremely unlikely, though, as in most cases Beyzul’s water skyfall buff will still be active here. However, to ensure you get the highest clear rate, I’d advise using as many ATK latents as possible.
- Leeza, “kill” => Zeus & Hera, Liu Bei, kill – While triggering his <1% HP attack on the first turn is ideal, you can still kill him if you just take him under 50% which Leeza’s row pretty much guarantees (which means you don’t need extra wood orbs to clear the floor). Assuming Lifive is the only damage you’ve taken previously, you’ll survive any hit. Then you can just gravity + Liu Bei to finish him off. I guess in the case you get him under 30% HP but above 1%, he might technically not spawn enough hearts for you to kill him with a Liu Bei active. Edit: If you resist the jammers, you’ll die, so you really want to get him below 1%. This should be possible with only Leeza’s row if you make enough combos (not sure of the number needed, but probably like 6+).
- No match => Dios, kill – The typical Zaerog∞ sequence.
Done With SUDR
And just like that, I’m pretty much done with SUDR. There was a point where I wanted to chase rank ups on this alt, mainly to get better stamina per stone efficiency for when I wanted to spam farm things with my main, but my priorities have changed. I’m getting a little bored with the game again so I just don’t have the patience to sit down for hours at a time grinding rank. I still love the game, it’s just time to ease off the gas for a bit to hopefully prevent critical burnout in the future. Decreased playtime means I won’t be farming as much on my main so I won’t need that stone efficiency anyways. It also means that one of my biggest gripes — having to wait for stamina to finish off ranks — won’t be as much of an issue since it’ll just fill up while I’m not playing.
This, of course, can change at any time, but for now, I’m going with this.
Plans for the Future
I’m going to use this section to keep track of the cards I want to raise as it’s too easy for me to forget what I have to do. This list is ordered loosely by priority.
With 300k MP in my pocket again, it’s time to focus on other things. In the case that Halloween has a 500k MP card and we want it, I’m confident that I can farm that up in time should the need arise (I basically already did that for Summer Myr).
As stated earlier, Cao Cao is a priority now, but just skill ups in general are a high priority and will largely be dictated by whatever is in the next coin rotation (looks like Bowls and Dogs, so a decent amount to get done).
- Anji – Super-high priority – done
- Farm stones – focused farming is done
- Farm MP for Ragnarok Dragon/Halloween – pretty much done
- Farm SUDR for Ilsix – done
- Cao Cao stuff
- Prep GOdin for MAthena?
- Avalon Drake
- Ronove – Green Fruit (next rotation?)
- Cao Cao (still need to evo him lul)
- Scarlet #2
- Ilsix – done
- Christmas Paulina
- Wee Jas
MHera Arena 1
- Dill Sirius
- Pollux – done
Long Term Liu Bei
- Summer Armadel – done
- Ragnarok Dragon
- Scarlet – done
- Bastet Ace
- LValk Ana
- Goemon #2