|Godfest: Indian 1 & Three Kingdoms 9/30, Japanese 1 & Norse 10/1|
|Day 1||Day 2|
|Indian 1||Three Kingdoms||Japanese 1||Norse|
Wow, we actually get a decent notice this time? Amazing.
This is a help thread, so please feel free to ask questions on just about anything concerning the godfest or your teams, box and progress in general.
Please read the rules before posting, especially if this is your first time:
- I will only take box questions that supply a PADherder. It makes it much, much easier for me to give good advice this way (you could say I can’t give good advice without the sorting options). Try PadListener to sync if you’re on Android (if it works for you), otherwise use this method.
- Box/roll questions that don’t supply rank, IAP status and main teams will be ignored. Any other information you want to supply will only help.
- Please check the FAQ after the break before asking a question. Questions that aren’t covered by the FAQ will be prioritized; questions that don’t may be ignored.
- I have WordPress set to flag comments with multiple links to combat spam. I still get the comment, I just have to approve it manually for it to show up on the site. So if your comment doesn’t show up, this might be the case. Ideally, only post a single link to your PADherder.
- I generally reply on a first come, first serve basis, but if there’s a low hanging fruit I’ll address that first.
- I will post thread status as bold red comments. Make sure you read these comments before posting to make sure you aren’t violating the rules. I’m no longer segregating comments by day, instead I’ll indicate how many questions I be able to take for a given thread in the first status comment, then stop taking new ones after that.
- No new questions will be taken after the godfest ends. Questions asked in other posts may be ignored; please wait for the next godfest!
- Follow-ups to existing questions will be taken as long as the post is still open for comments.
- I’ll close the post for comments a few hours after the godfest ends.
- Any comments breaking the rules will be removed without warning.
This is FAQ is a work in progress (last updated: 9/28/16).
- I’m rank 200 or lower and low- or non-IAP, should I roll for X god? – In general, no. Even if the RNG gods blessed you and you just need that one god to perfect your team, early on you should be focusing on accumulating stones and waiting for a high-value godfest. You want to accumulate value to increase the overall quality of your box so you have more team options in the future as the meta always shifting. The Player’s Choice Godfest (PCGF) is generally the best value early on, but normal godfests can be plenty good nowadays depending on the combination. Pantheons that have a wide variety of uses like the Heroes, Chinese and Three Kingdoms are great. Minimizing dupe chances should also be a high priority. Galas have been changed to have a reduced impact ever since the gala exclusives were introduced so while it can certainly play a part in your decision, don’t let to weigh too heavily. As GFEs are generally at 4x rates or higher now, which sets are excluded from the bonus plays a much bigger role now.
- Which MP Dragon should I buy? – This image isn’t perfect, but sums it up nicely. Credit for the image goes to fether from the subreddit. If there’s ever an updated version, please point me toward it. In the day and age of Liu Bei, MP is an easily farmable commodity so if that’s within your capability and you’re good with allocating the time to do so, you can afford to be more impulsive with your purchases.
- Why is X monster rated higher than Y monster? – The monster ratings aren’t there to be an accurate, authoritative resource on a card’s power, but are more used as a ballpark estimate to give a relative idea of how useful a given card or pantheon is which is used to help evaluate godfests. Co-op isn’t a current factor so don’t be surprised to see cards like Liu Bei with a lower than expected rating.
- Why is the overall rating not an average of the lead and sub ratings? – Long story short, when grades are given using the normal distribution, cards that are both good as leaders and subs get a boost in the overall rating while ones that are bad as both get penalized. This is because most cards in the game are usually only exceptionally good at one role, not both.
|Day 1, 9/30
First off, we all know Liu Bei and Cao Cao are superb co-op leads, something that isn’t reflected in my ratings.
Anyways, Three Kingdoms is back, again, and this will likely be the last time Liu Bei is featured before the PCGF in November (although I guess we can’t be surprised if they try to milk that cow one more time before then). Considering the huge impact he’s had on the game, it’s reasonable to believe the most asked question about this day will be: “is it worth it to roll for Liu Bei?” Maybe, but GungHo won’t make the decision easy, omitting the JP Callers (Kaede et al.), Metallic Stars (Eschamali et al.) and the Norns from featured rates resulting in one of the worst GFE lineups possible. The PCGF will likely feature all the good ones from the groups I listed on top of Liu Bei, so unless you just want to get on the farming train ASAP, value be damned, I’d think twice about rolling.
How does the Indian 1 pantheon fit into all of this? They’re certainly solid and capable of clearing most content, but like many pantheon gods these days, they just aren’t exciting. Vritra might be the most interesting; not as a leader or sub, but because of his push button applications.
|Day 2, 10/1|
|Idunn & Idunna||B+||B+||B+|
A fairly lackluster day 2. Not much more to say than that.