|Godfest: Archangels & Indian 2 10/31, Angels & Sengoku 11/1|
|Day 1||Day 2|
This is a help thread, so please feel free to ask questions on just about anything concerning the godfest or your teams, box and progress in general.
Please read the rules before posting, especially if this is your first time:
- I will only take box questions that supply a PADherder. It makes it much, much easier for me to give good advice this way (you could say I can’t give good advice without the sorting options). Try PadListener to sync if you’re on Android (if it works for you), otherwise use this method.
- Box/roll questions that don’t supply rank, IAP status and main teams will be ignored. Any other information you want to supply will only help.
- Please check the FAQ after the break before asking a question. Questions that aren’t covered by the FAQ will be prioritized; questions that don’t may be ignored.
- I have WordPress set to flag comments with multiple links to combat spam. I still get the comment, I just have to approve it manually for it to show up on the site. So if your comment doesn’t show up, this might be the case. Ideally, only post a single link to your PADherder.
- I generally reply on a first come, first serve basis, but if there’s a low hanging fruit I’ll address that first.
- I will post thread status as bold red comments. Make sure you read these comments before posting to make sure you aren’t violating the rules. I’m no longer segregating comments by day, instead I’ll indicate how many questions I be able to take for a given thread in the first status comment, then stop taking new ones after that.
- No new questions will be taken after the godfest ends. Questions asked in other posts may be ignored; please wait for the next godfest!
- Follow-ups to existing questions will be taken as long as the post is still open for comments.
- I’ll close the post for comments a few hours after the godfest ends.
- Any comments breaking the rules will be removed without warning.
This is FAQ is a work in progress (last updated: 9/28/16).
- I’m rank 200 or lower and low- or non-IAP, should I roll for X god? – In general, no. Even if the RNG gods blessed you and you just need that one god to perfect your team, early on you should be focusing on accumulating stones and waiting for a high-value godfest. You want to accumulate value to increase the overall quality of your box so you have more team options in the future as the meta always shifting. The Player’s Choice Godfest (PCGF) is generally the best value early on, but normal godfests can be plenty good nowadays depending on the combination. Pantheons that have a wide variety of uses like the Heroes, Chinese and Three Kingdoms are great. Minimizing dupe chances should also be a high priority. Galas have been changed to have a reduced impact ever since the gala exclusives were introduced so while it can certainly play a part in your decision, don’t let to weigh too heavily. As GFEs are generally at 4x rates or higher now, which sets are excluded from the bonus plays a much bigger role now.
- Which MP Dragon should I buy? – This image isn’t perfect, but sums it up nicely. Credit for the image goes to fether from the subreddit. If there’s ever an updated version, please point me toward it. In the day and age of Liu Bei, MP is an easily farmable commodity so if that’s within your capability and you’re good with allocating the time to do so, you can afford to be more impulsive with your purchases.
- Why is X monster rated higher than Y monster? – The monster ratings aren’t there to be an accurate, authoritative resource on a card’s power, but are more used as a ballpark estimate to give a relative idea of how useful a given card or pantheon is which is used to help evaluate godfests. Co-op isn’t a current factor so don’t be surprised to see cards like Liu Bei with a lower than expected rating.
- Why is the overall rating not an average of the lead and sub ratings? – Long story short, when grades are given using the normal distribution, cards that are both good as leaders and subs get a boost in the overall rating while ones that are bad as both get penalized. This is because most cards in the game are usually only exceptionally good at one role, not both.
|Day 1, 10/31
The Archangel uuevos have held up quite well over time, mostly off the backs of the RGB orb changes working well with the heart meta and Raphael providing a near-irreplaceable effect. As is, I expect them to be quite good as subs for a long time, but it’ll be exciting to see what their awokens eventually look like to see if they can become relevant leaders again.
Ganesha with his rank EXP bonus could very well be the most valuable card in the game. Even for players that don’t intend to use him to grind rank, the fact that you can use him to have better control of when you hit your rank-up stamina refresh is invaluable. Then add in the fact that Krishna is a beast leader — arguably the best pantheon lead in the game — and the rest are no joke (even Durga) and you have what could easily be the best pantheon in the game. Hell, they’ve even decent subs beyond solely Vishnu now. It’s hard to believe just a few months ago they were one of the worst.
Kalis, Ilm, Zuoh, Baldin, Balboa, and the Dragonbounds are at 1x rates. It’s nice that the JP Callers are available both days.
|Day 2, 11/1|
The Angels are one of the pantheons in greatest need of new evolutions. Ariel and Rozuel have found new relevancy on Myr and Ronove teams, respectively, and recent buffs have given Famiel and Lumiel some relevancy as area lasers, but outside that there isn’t much to like. This pantheon has been in the dumpster since it’s inception so hopefully GungHo gives them some love, and soon (there’s a stream in a couple days, just sayin’).
Didn’t we just get the Sengoku last godfest? Well, they’re still as great as always, except now they’re paired with a technically worse pantheon, although it could be argued that the Angels have more practical use than the Archdemons in the endgame.
Sonias, Steel Stars, Odins, and Norns are at 1x rates.