|Godfest: Greek & Wisdom Kings 11/30, Three Kingdoms & Wisdom Kings 12/1|
|Day 1||Day 2|
|Greek||Wisdom Kings||Three Kingdoms||Wisdom Kings|
This is a help thread, so please feel free to ask questions on just about anything concerning the godfest or your teams, box and progress in general.
My vacation may be over, but I still have work. Looking to answer about 10 in-depth advice questions overall.
Please read the rules before posting, especially if this is your first time:
- I will only take box questions that supply a PADherder. It makes it much, much easier for me to give good advice this way (you could say I can’t give good advice without the sorting options). Try PadListener to sync if you’re on Android (if it works for you), otherwise use this method.
- Box/roll questions that don’t supply rank, IAP status and main teams will be ignored. Any other information you want to supply will only help.
- Please check the FAQ after the break before asking a question. Questions that aren’t covered by the FAQ will be prioritized; questions that don’t may be ignored.
- I have WordPress set to flag comments with multiple links to combat spam. I still get the comment, I just have to approve it manually for it to show up on the site. So if your comment doesn’t show up, this might be the case. Ideally, only post a single link to your PADherder.
- I generally reply on a first come, first serve basis, but if there’s a low hanging fruit I’ll address that first.
- I will post thread status as bold red comments. Make sure you read these comments before posting to make sure you aren’t violating the rules. I’m no longer segregating comments by day, instead I’ll indicate how many questions I be able to take for a given thread in the first status comment, then stop taking new ones after that.
- No new questions will be taken after the godfest ends. Questions asked in other posts may be ignored; please wait for the next godfest!
- Follow-ups to existing questions will be taken as long as the post is still open for comments.
- I’ll close the post for comments a few hours after the godfest ends.
- Any comments breaking the rules will be removed without warning.
This is FAQ is a work in progress (last updated: 9/28/16).
- I’m rank 200 or lower and low- or non-IAP, should I roll for X god? – In general, no. Even if the RNG gods blessed you and you just need that one god to perfect your team, early on you should be focusing on accumulating stones and waiting for a high-value godfest. You want to accumulate value to increase the overall quality of your box so you have more team options in the future as the meta always shifting. The Player’s Choice Godfest (PCGF) is generally the best value early on, but normal godfests can be plenty good nowadays depending on the combination. Pantheons that have a wide variety of uses like the Heroes, Chinese and Three Kingdoms are great. Minimizing dupe chances should also be a high priority. Galas have been changed to have a reduced impact ever since the gala exclusives were introduced so while it can certainly play a part in your decision, don’t let to weigh too heavily. As GFEs are generally at 4x rates or higher now, which sets are excluded from the bonus plays a much bigger role now.
- Which MP Dragon should I buy? – This image isn’t perfect, but sums it up nicely. Credit for the image goes to fether from the subreddit. If there’s ever an updated version, please point me toward it. In the day and age of Liu Bei, MP is an easily farmable commodity so if that’s within your capability and you’re good with allocating the time to do so, you can afford to be more impulsive with your purchases.
- Why is X monster rated higher than Y monster? – The monster ratings aren’t there to be an accurate, authoritative resource on a card’s power, but are more used as a ballpark estimate to give a relative idea of how useful a given card or pantheon is which is used to help evaluate godfests. Co-op isn’t a current factor so don’t be surprised to see cards like Liu Bei with a lower than expected rating.
- Why is the overall rating not an average of the lead and sub ratings? – Long story short, when grades are given using the normal distribution, cards that are both good as leaders and subs get a boost in the overall rating while ones that are bad as both get penalized. This is because most cards in the game are usually only exceptionally good at one role, not both.
|Day 1, 11/30
The Greeks are all great cards, both as leaders and subs. Sadly, breaking hearts is a fairly big drawback in this heart-cross meta (god, I can’t tell you how tired I am of repeating this line. GungHo, shake things up pls).
The Wisdom Kings are relatively good for a new pantheon, but won’t actively help most players. Acala has been pushed hard as a lead, already at an elite level without an ultimate, but the pantheon falls off after that. Kundali is likely the best of the rest since a double orb change is always useful and the combo boost is a nice kicker. Trailokyavijaya introduced a new form of gravity based on maximum HP rather than current HP, but it’s unclear if this will be anything beyond a novelty. Vajrayaksa and Vajrabhairava have somewhat intriguing actives, both providing a three-turn damage enhance for their respective elements, but all damage enhances pale in comparison to the Gemstones and there aren’t many places were the extra turn will be all that useful. Damage enhances are always useful, but they’re nothing to chase after.
Metatrons, Norns, Steel Stars, and Dragonbounds are at 1x rates.
|Day 2, 12/1|
The Three Kingdoms are still one of the best overall pantheons. Liu Bei is still one of the best overall cards in the game. This is likely the bait to lure extra rolls before GungHo lays on the holiday temptations in the PCGF (presumably), the New Year’s godfest, the Christmas and New Year’s seasonal REMs, and the eventual Heroine REM (also presumably). Add in a potential Bleach renewal for good measure. Where to roll is a difficult decision, for sure, but for the most part most players will be better off passing on this one.
Odins, Kalis, JP Callers, and Sonias are at 1x rates.