|Godfest: Heroes & Egypt 2 1/14, Norse & Sengoku 1/15|
|Day 1||Day 2|
This is a help thread, so please feel free to ask questions on just about anything concerning the godfest or your teams, box and progress in general.
It’s been over two months since my last help thread. I’m looking to keep the question count low while I settle back in, but let’s see if there’s any interest in the first place.
I now auto-generate most of this post. If there are any bugs, including display issues in non-Chrome browsers, please let me know. Thanks!
Please read the rules before posting, especially if this is your first time:
- I will only take box questions that supply a PADherder. It makes it much, much easier for me to give good advice this way (you could say I can’t give good advice without the sorting options). Try PadListener to sync if you’re on Android (if it works for you), otherwise use this method.
- Box/roll questions that don’t supply rank, IAP status and main teams will be ignored. Any other information you want to supply will only help.
- Please check the FAQ after the break before asking a question. Questions that aren’t covered by the FAQ will be prioritized; questions that don’t may be ignored.
- I have WordPress set to flag comments with multiple links to combat spam. I still get the comment, I just have to approve it manually for it to show up on the site. So if your comment doesn’t show up, this might be the case. Ideally, only post a single link to your PADherder.
- I generally reply on a first come, first serve basis, but if there’s a low hanging fruit I’ll address that first.
- I will post thread status as bold red comments. Make sure you read these comments before posting to make sure you aren’t violating the rules. I’m no longer segregating comments by day, instead I’ll indicate how many questions I be able to take for a given thread in the first status comment, then stop taking new ones after that.
- No new questions will be taken after the godfest ends. Questions asked in other posts may be ignored; please wait for the next godfest!
- Follow-ups to existing questions will be taken as long as the post is still open for comments.
- I’ll close the post for comments a few hours after the godfest ends.
- Any comments breaking the rules will be removed without warning.
This is FAQ is a work in progress (last updated: 9/28/16).
- I’m rank 200 or lower and low- or non-IAP, should I roll for X god? – In general, no. Even if the RNG gods blessed you and you just need that one god to perfect your team, early on you should be focusing on accumulating stones and waiting for a high-value godfest. You want to accumulate value to increase the overall quality of your box so you have more team options in the future as the meta always shifting. The Player’s Choice Godfest (PCGF) is generally the best value early on, but normal godfests can be plenty good nowadays depending on the combination. Pantheons that have a wide variety of uses like the Heroes, Chinese and Three Kingdoms are great. Minimizing dupe chances should also be a high priority. Galas have been changed to have a reduced impact ever since the gala exclusives were introduced so while it can certainly play a part in your decision, don’t let to weigh too heavily. As GFEs are generally at 4x rates or higher now, which sets are excluded from the bonus plays a much bigger role now.
- Which MP Dragon should I buy? – This image isn’t perfect, but sums it up nicely. Credit for the image goes to fether from the subreddit. If there’s ever an updated version, please point me toward it. In the day and age of Liu Bei, MP is an easily farmable commodity so if that’s within your capability and you’re good with allocating the time to do so, you can afford to be more impulsive with your purchases.
- Why is X monster rated higher than Y monster? – The monster ratings aren’t there to be an accurate, authoritative resource on a card’s power, but are more used as a ballpark estimate to give a relative idea of how useful a given card or pantheon is which is used to help evaluate godfests. Co-op isn’t a current factor so don’t be surprised to see cards like Liu Bei with a lower than expected rating.
- Why is the overall rating not an average of the lead and sub ratings? – Long story short, when grades are given using the normal distribution, cards that are both good as leaders and subs get a boost in the overall rating while ones that are bad as both get penalized. This is because most cards in the game are usually only exceptionally good at one role, not both.
|Day 1, 1/14|
The Heroes pantheon is one of the best overall. Egypt 2 is one of the worst. If you need the Heroes, you do what you gotta do. If you get any of the Egypt 2 in the process, just pray we get buffs soon.
All of the Heroes are great for their respective heart-based teams. Yamato Takeru has shot up in value lately, being a great sub for both Yamamoto and Christmas Gremory.
Day 1 has no Odins, Metatrons, Dragonbounds, Norns, Ilm, and Zuoh. Also remember there are 5x GFE rates.
|Day 2, 1/15|
|Idunn & Idunna||B+||B||B+|
Day 2 is similar to day 1 where one pantheon is relatively poor (the Norse) while the other is good (Sengoku). Although it isn’t as extreme in either direction as the Norse are still fine cards and the Sengoku aren’t quite as ubiquitous as the Heroes.
Sanada, like Yamato, has risen in value for similar reasons.
The Norse have been overshadowed by the Jewel Princess style of damage enhances, but are still fairly useful in that regard. Being two-turns quicker could make all the difference for teams struggling for skill boosts. They’re also fine base subs in their split ult forms as their killer flexibility helps make up for their somewhat long cooldowns. Their awoken forms are fine in this role, too, but the value of double SBRs has diminished as SBRs become more common. They aren’t great, but there’s still value to be had.
Day 2 has no JP Callers, Kalis, Sonias, Steel Stars, and Fenrirs. Once again, remember that 5x GFE rates are active.