The team worked a lot better in my head.
I was very fortunate and cleared it on my first try. Fortunate because I got one of the very easiest paths through the later floors (Sphinx, Venus, Mercury, Gran, Athena, LKali).
The team is still far inferior to Ra and Yomi Dragons, but Pandora still made the dungeon feel pretty damned easy. Damage and healing were never a problem, but I can see the lack of time extends being a major one. I got Minerva and it was pretty difficult to pass her five-combo shield as making an eight-orb match takes up a lot of time. I could see something like Stratios’s five-combo shield being quite difficult to get past; an eight-orb match with five additional combos sounds quite daunting. At least for shitters like me, uuevo Pandora is an ideal sub. I actually think Game8’s template party of Pandora / uuevo Pandora / DValk / Zuoh / Akechi / Pandora is pretty close to what I’d run normally as it has that sweet spot of RCV and time extends (probably swap out Akechi for Loki for Arena clears?).
By the way, I noticed after the fact that my Loki is not max skilled… I seem to recall making a similar mistake with Freyja.
I decided to take a short break from 10x Goemon to do some latent farming. Thanks to JP YouTubers, this is the most efficient farming team I found. Here’s how I planned the floors:
- The only floor you can use DValk and not stall later, so use her if you need her. Healing is not necessary.
- Healing is not necessary here. Use a Yomi Dragon if needed to sweep.
- You need to heal here for the 5th floor preemptive. Use a Yomi Dragon if needed. Try to save two dark orbs if possible.
- Lucifer. In the case of an invade on 1-3, I prefer saving him for Ra since the DEF requirement is lower on the Tama (600k vs 900k).
- Hopefully you have enough orbs to activate after Lucifer.
- Check that your DValk is up first, then DKali→DValk→Nephthys. This guarantees a match-five activation and five total combos to get past Sopdet’s shield.
The run usually goes much smoother, but this is the only invade I was able to record.
Not sure if there are any decent substitutes. DKali is a hard requirement for an easy floor six. I love my Cerberus Rider, but Lucifer is necessary here because his god killer allows you to clear the 5th floor with only a single dark row consistently. You could run another heartbreaker over DValk, but most of the options have some combination of being non-god, having a longer cooldown or changing another orb type. Finally, I guess you could run DMeta over Nephthys, but I never tested it.
Water resists are so bad, but I guess there’s always that Awilda cheese team.
Pretty much the same teams as last time. Stoned once on Lv10, the rest were 0-stoned.
- Lv10 – First floor Satan is a bitch for my Beelzebub team, so I gave up trying to clear it legit and stoned one continue.
- Lv9 – 0-stoned it on the first try. I don’t think I got particularly lucky either.
- Lv8 – I considered running Chester for 100% skill bind resist, but Hera-Sowilo gives you enough free turns to grind through it.
- Lv7 – A walk through the park for Beelzebub.
The Pandora uevo is as strong as expected and I took full advantage of it this Challenge Dungeons. Sorry, Verdandi.
I’m hoping to make more in-depth posts later this week, but here are some quick notes:
- Lv10 –
If I’m feeling loose with my stones I’ll attempt Lv10, but I’ll probably just skip the Bubpy.Got it.
- Lv9 – This was surprisingly difficult for Beelzebub. Mostly because bad skyfall can easily put you into enrage range for all the girls. This is likely doable with Verdandi, but I probably won’t attempt it.
- Lv8 – Instead of wasting resources on making another Greco-Roman-based tank team that may not even be able to clear it, I dusted off the Pandora team I never use. It was surprisingly effective.
- Lv7 – I thought this would be a breeze after Medjedra Descended, but swapping Osiris and Medjed’s order gave unexpected complications. I didn’t want to keep wasting stamina on Verdandi so I just one-shot it with Beelzebub.