|Godfest: Chinese & Greek 9/17, Heroes & Egypt 2 9/18|
|Day 1||Day 2|
This is a help thread, so please feel free to ask questions on just about anything concerning the godfest or your teams, box and progress in general.
Please read the rules before posting, especially if this is your first time:
- I will only take box questions that supply a PADherder. It makes it much, much easier for me to give good advice this way (you could say I can’t give good advice without the sorting options). Try PadListener to sync if you’re on Android (if it works for you), otherwise use this method.
- Box/roll questions that don’t supply rank, IAP status and main teams will be ignored. Any other information you want to supply will only help.
- Please check the FAQ after the break before asking a question. Questions that aren’t covered by the FAQ will be prioritized; questions that don’t may be ignored.
- WordPress flags comments with multiple links. I still get the comment, I just have to approve it manually for it to show up on the site. So if your comment doesn’t show up, this might be the case. Ideally, only post a single link to your PADherder.
- I generally reply on a first come, first serve basis, but if there’s a low hanging fruit I’ll address that first.
- I will post thread status as bold red comments. Make sure you read these comments before posting to make sure you aren’t violating the rules. I’m no longer segregating comments by day, instead I’ll indicate how many questions I be able to take for a given thread in the first status comment, then stop taking new ones after that.
- No new questions will be taken after the godfest ends. Questions asked in other posts may be ignored; please wait for the next godfest!
- Follow-ups to existing questions will be taken as long as the post is still open for comments.
- I’ll close the post for comments a few hours after the godfest ends.
- Any comments breaking the rules will be removed without warning.
This is FAQ is a work in progress.
- I’m rank 200 or lower and low- or non-IAP, should I roll for X god? – In general, no. Even if the RNG gods blessed you and you just need that one god to perfect your team, early on you should be focusing on accumulating stones and waiting for a high-value godfest. You want to accumulate value to increase the overall quality of your box so you have more team options in the future; not only is the meta always shifting, but there’s no single team in the game that can clear all content. The Player’s Choice Godfest is generally the best value early on, but normal godfests can be plenty good nowadays depending on the combination. Pantheons that have a wide variety of uses like the Heroes, Chinese and Three Kingdoms are great. Minimizing dupe chances should also be a high priority. Also, don’t underestimate the effect the current gala can have on your rolls and be sure to factor in the GFEs that are omitted or have reduced chance (i.e. you want to maximize your chances to roll DKali).
- Which MP Dragon should I buy? – This image isn’t perfect, but sums it up nicely. Credit for the image goes to fether from the subreddit. If there’s ever an updated version, please point me toward it.
- Why is X monster rated higher than Y monster? – The monster ratings aren’t there to be an accurate, authoritative resource on a card’s power, but are more used as a ballpark estimate to give a relative idea of how useful a given card or pantheon is which is used to help evaluate godfests.
- Why is the overall rating not an average of the lead and sub ratings? – Long story short, when grades are given using the normal distribution, cards that are both good as leaders and subs get a boost while ones that are bad as both get penalized. This is because most cards in the game are usually only good at one role, not both.
|Day 1, 9/17
To think that only half a year ago this would’ve been one of the best possible godfest lineups. Despite neither pantheon playing well in the heart-cross meta, their raw power can’t be denied, even the Chinese whose awokens are relatively old at this point. The Greeks’ double orb changes are naturally powerful, but what puts them over the top is the flexibility of having three relevant ultimates. Both pantheons are still fairly relevant for co-op where heart making isn’t nearly as important. This day is a good opportunity for new players to increase the overall power of their box. It’s also good value for those looking to pick up some of the featured GFEs and don’t have a high dupe risk.
|Day 2, 9/18|
The Heroes are the best pantheon for subs hands down. Even before the heart-cross meta, being able to increase your offense and healing in a single orb change was invaluable and they generally have better awakenings than the Archangels. Which makes it sad that they’re paired with one of the worst overall pantheons in the game in Egypt 2. While the Sengoku splits and Indian 2 uuevos certainly give hope that Egypt 2 will receive some nice upgrades in the future, as it stands, they’re pretty much useless.
So, if you’re in the market for some Heroes, is it worth rolling? If you’ve been following my alt updates at all, I’ve been eagerly awaiting the next Heroes godfest and despite the horrendous Egypt 2 pairing and Kaede not appearing at boosted rates, I’m still going to roll. While my alt could certainly use rolls from day 1, I think that the Heroes are just that good and I have faith that Egypt 2 will become usable within the next few months (I would kill for Nepythys to get a uuevo close to the Indian 2s). Godfests are always a crapshoot, but I think the Heroes are worth the risk.
Oh, there’s also the new GFEs. None of which are particularly exciting. Paimon is by far the best of the bunch, being the best leader (still inferior to Myr) and a good Myr sub. Dantalion is a mediocre leader and with no great fire heart-crosser he has no great home as a sub. Sitri, the only 5-star, isn’t very good, but a double orb change that doesn’t break hearts could have its uses.